Thursday, February 13, 2014

Simple Roasted Brussels Sprouts

If you'd told me 2 years ago to that I would love Brussels sprouts I would have laughed in your face. Then a friend made them for a pot luck. I was hooked! Since then I've tried a couple of recipes and found this combination to be the "one" for me. And the key to it is using a cast iron skillet. Although you can roast Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet or in a baking dish, I highly recommend a heavy skillet made of cast iron!

Ingredients: 

  • 1 pound Brussels sprouts
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • pepper to taste 
  • 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, shredded

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place cast iron skillet in oven to heat while you prep your Brussels sprouts.
  2. Peel off outer leaves on Brussels sprouts, rinse in cold water, cut off stem and chop in half.
  3. Mix Brussels sprouts with olive oil in large bowl and zip lock bag, coating the sprouts well.
  4. Remove the skillet from the oven and pour Brussels sprouts inside, carefully placing them chopped-side down. Season with pepper.
  5. Roast for 20-25 minutes, turning the sprouts over halfway through.
  6. Once you have removed from oven, top with Parmesan cheese and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment